Many smaller entrepreneurs debate on whether they need or can afford a website for their business. Here are some key factors which should be considered:
1. Almost every adult spends time daily on the internet either via their telephones or computers. They receive information from many other businesses that share your market that influence their thoughts and preferences whilst online. If your business is not online, your ability to effectively compete will be severely restricted. Think about it, when you are looking for a product or service generally you tend to begin your search either on Google or Facebook before searching from one location to another. Your customers do the very same thing.
2. A website is an excellent reference point for customers to learn more about your business. It gives you the opportunity to share more with your customers giving them more reasons to want to do business with you. You can share clearly what is different about your business from that of your competitors. It will allow you to communicate your value proposition effectively to your market.
3. A website gives you 24/7 access to your customers. Your website will work for you even whilst you are asleep. Your customers can get immediate responses to their questions, see what your business has available to offer, get important information on pricing, self service support and so much more.
4. A website is actually a very cost effective medium for advertising. The cost for developing a website is front loaded, which means you have to invest all of the money upfront. This is the challenge many entrepreneurs encounter. Despite this however, when compared with the cost of traditional media such and print, radio and television, a website will offer you a wider reach, higher returns and much lower comparative cost.
5. A website will give you life long returns. Once it is established you get continuous returns creating lasting value for your business.
There are definitely other advantages to your business however these key advantages will allow you to expand your influence in the market, grow your sales and your profit. Considering these factors, the question becomes whether your business can truly compete and grow without a web presence.
Have questions? Give us a call and learn how an effective website can help you achieve your goals.